Abstracts and Key Take-Aways from Speaking Topics
Hiring the Right People & Retaining Your Top Performers
Have you ever hired the wrong person and had to fire them? Have you ever promoted the super-worker to super-visor and lost a great employee in the process? Filling a position with the wrong person can be very costly in both time and money. Knowing how to match the right person with the right role is the key to improving productivity, profitability and creating a winning work environment. Learn how to get “behind” the interview and go deeper to really understand a candidate’s drives and motivations. Understand the truth about resumes, interviews and references – what to trust/or not. This workshop will help you improve your probability for success in both hiring and retaining employees.
Key take-aways from this workshop include your ability to:
- Describe the practical applications of work related behavioral assessments.
- Define key criteria for evaluating various assessment tools.
- The value of using behavioral assessments at every stage of the talent lifecycle including acquisition, development and retention.
- Communicate how drives and motivations are the key to employee productivity and satisfaction.
Tackling the Global Talent Shortage with Behavioral Assessment Data
It can sometimes be hard to find the time to conduct proper planning, but it is essential to both short and long term success. Strategic Workforce planning is a powerful opportunity to help identify the critical talent and leadership needs for a company. This session will provide an overview of a data-driven strategic workforce planning process. It will highlight the role behavioral analytics can play at key phases of the process, and it offers suggestions that will help HR and business leaders successfully co-develop a winning workforce plan.
In this session you will learn how workforce analytics are being used to:
- Support a strategic process for aligning an organization’s “people plan.”
- Identify the knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics of top performers and those that are required for success with new job roles.
- Enhance every stage of the talent lifecycle including acquisition, development and retention.
- Increase the understanding and effectiveness of team dynamics using powerful new behavioral statistics.
Avoiding 7 Mistakes that Lead to a Bad Hire
Bad hires are not only damaging to morale and disruptive to the work environment, but they’re also costly. The U.S. Department of Labor has estimated that the average cost of a poor hiring decision can equal 30% of that hire’s first year earnings. In addition, employers spend an average of $7,000 to replace a salaried employee, $10,000 to replace a mid-level employee, and $40,000 to replace a senior executive. And in the case of bad hires for sales positions, there’s the additional cost of lost revenue potential.
What if you could take the guesswork out of the hiring process with a science-based, predictive method for finding, placing, and developing people in the roles for which they are most naturally suited to succeed?
Join us as we examine the stages of the talent acquisition process – including finding, assessing, acquiring and onboarding talent – and learn how you can more successfully and reliably hire the talent your company needs to meet its growth goals.
During this session, we will:
Using Workforce Analytics to Navigate Organizational Change
In today’s workforce, every organization can benefit from a better way to manage change. Leading corporations are adopting change management as fundamental skill, viewing it as a competitive advantage. Does your organization have what it takes to achieve sustainable change?
Research shows that 70% of all major change efforts in organizations fail. Why? The failure may be due to the way your change initiative has been communicated and implemented. While the strategy you’ve developed might be well defined, an essential component to factor in is your employees’ behavioral needs and motivational drives.
Learn how to leverage behavioral science to effectively communicate and implement organizational transitions for sustainable and productive change.
During this session, we will:
Improving Team Performance with Data Driven Decisions
In today’s workforce it is imperative that mangers understand each of their employee’s motivational needs and drives so they can create a dynamic team for optimal business success. This session will provide an overview of how to develop a plan to enhance the development of your team using group analytics. It will highlight how behavioral assessment data that is used for an individual can also be applied to improve a team’s performance and productivity.
In this session you will learn how group analytics are being used to:
- Build organizational growth and productivity in today’s workforce.
- Apply behavioral data throughout the employee lifecycle to align individual and organizations’ goals.
- Enhance group collaboration and reduce conflict.
Managing the Challenges of Today’s Virtual Workforce
What is one of the biggest challenges for managers today? Managing employees and teams in multiple locations across the country or even around the world.
In this session you will learn how to ensure your virtual workforce is managed effectively. You will find out why typical management techniques are now becoming less effective. You will learn about the rise of the Virtual Employee and how workforces can operate successfully in this environment. Leave this session with an understanding of how to achieve success with virtual teams by addressing some of the challenges managers experience today.
What we will discuss:
- Major trends that are contributing today to the rise of the Virtual Workforce.
- Examine some of the main challenges that are related to remote team management.
- Outline the key principles that will help managers achieve success with virtual teams.